We are looking for an experienced .NET developer to join our Liverpool team.
The role will primarily consist of day to day development of websites and applications, primarily using Umbraco and Sitecore.
In addition to .NET experience and a passion for technology, a keen interest in adopting new development tools, methodologies, languages and frameworks will be beneficial for this role.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are required to contribute to discussion with internal and client teams. We're looking for someone who can inspire others and understands the context of what they do in relation to client needs.
Overview of the role
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading development teams on a range of small to enterprise level builds
- Providing clear technical advice to designers, front-end developers, strategists, and project managers
- Working closely with clients to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Producing clear and concise requirements specifications
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Constructing granular build plans and providing accurate estimations for build tasks
- Running client workshops
- Ensuring builds are robust, thoroughly tested and meticulously documented
- Identifying improvements to the development and delivery processes
- Identifying appropriate introduction of new technologies
- Technical service design
Skills and Requirements
It is essential that you will have experience of the following:
- Delivery of a range of small to large scale websites using ASP.NET and C#
- Database design and management using SQL Server
- .NET Content Management Systems, including Sitecore and Umbraco
- The integration of third party systems, such as CRMs, payment gateways, document management tools, web services and authentication systems#
- An understanding of web security concerns; experience of testing and resolving security issues
- object orientated design and best practices
The ideal candidate will also have an understanding of:
- N-Tier architectures.
- Microsoft SQL Server, database design, writing queries/procedures and optimisation
- Designing solutions for high traffic demands; experience of performance testing, analysing results and applying performance improvements
- Configuration of continuous integration systems
- The use of automated testing tools
- Management of multi-branch source control repositories
- The application of multi-tiered software architecture methodologies
- An understanding of hosting infrastructure; experience working with load balanced, multi-server environments
- Delivery of resilient solutions including web and database failover features
We are a full-service digital agency with 150 staff based in London, Liverpool and Glasgow.
We are one of Econsultancy's top 20 design and build specialists as well as an award-winning team that has received recognition for our work in sport, leisure, arts and culture, tourism and retail.
This role will be based in Liverpool office, where we hold partnerships with Premier League and Championship football clubs, tourism organisations and leisure brands as well as one of the UK's fastest-growing banks.
You'll join at an exciting time as we plan for life in our new open-plan office in the heart of Liverpool. You'll work in a fast-paced studio environment with people committed to producing great work for ambitious brands and influential organisations.
We focus on helping clients reach their audience at every stage of the customer journey by offering services ranging from consultancy to branding to design and build to search and advertising.
We believe in providing an exceptional level of service founded upon mutual respect, open communication, professionalism and quality - so it's essential that you're able to demonstrate those attributes in every aspect of your work.
To apply for the role, email your CV along with a short note on why you'd like to join the team to: email@example.com