We are looking for an experienced PHP developer to work on high-profile client projects.
In addition to PHP experience and a passion for technology, a keen interest in adopting new development tools, methodologies, languages and frameworks will be beneficial for this role.
Good communication and interpersonal skills are required to contribute to discussion with internal and client teams. We're looking for someone who can inspire others and understands the context of what they do in relation to client needs.
Overview of the role
Responsibilities will include:
- Working on a range of small to enterprise-level builds
- Providing clear technical advice to designers, front-end developers, strategists and project managers
- Capture functional and non-functional requiements
- Contribute in the delivery of clear and concise requirements specifications
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Ensuring your code is thoroughly tested and well-documented
- The ability to both take direction from and lead other developers
Skills and requirements
The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of object oriented software development
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing Drupal and/or Magento projects
- Experience of a modern MVC PHP framework e.g. Laravel, Symfony
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and new technology
- Show initiative, be able to share ideas and push the development team forward
- Solid understanding of object orientated design and best practices
- MySQL 5 including experience with database design, writing queries/procedures and optimisation
We are a full-service digital agency with 150 staff based in London, Liverpool and Glasgow.
We are one of Econsultancy's top 20 design and build specialists as well as an award-winning team that has received recognition for our work in sport, leisure, arts and culture, tourism and retail.
This role will be based in Liverpool office, where we hold partnerships with Premier League and Championship football clubs, tourism organisations and leisure brands as well as one of the UK's fastest-growing banks.
You'll join at an exciting time as we plan for life in our new open-plan office in the heart of Liverpool. You'll work in a fast-paced studio environment with people committed to producing great work for ambitious brands and influential organisations.
We focus on helping clients reach their audience at every stage of the customer journey by offering services ranging from consultancy to branding to design and build to search and advertising.
We believe in providing an exceptional level of service founded upon mutual respect, open communication, professionalism and quality - so it's essential that you're able to demonstrate those attributes in every aspect of your work.
To apply for the role, email your CV along with a short note on why you'd like to join the team to email@example.com.