We are looking for an experienced PHP developer to join our team.
You’ll be working on some high-profile client projects, delivering clear requirement specifications and addressing technical risks.
You’ll also be required to contribute to discussion with internal and client teams, and understand how what you do relates to clients’ needs.
A passion for technology and keen interest in new development tools will be beneficial for this role.
What will the role entail?
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working on a range of small to enterprise-level builds
- Providing clear technical advice to designers, front-end developers, strategists and project managers
- Capture functional and non-functional requiements
- Contribute in the delivery of clear and concise requirements specifications
- Proactively identifying, communicating and addressing technical risks throughout the delivery process
- Ensuring your code is thoroughly tested and well-documented
- The ability to both take direction from and lead other developers
- Skills and requirements
- The ideal candidate will have:
- An understanding of object oriented software development
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing Drupal and/or Magento projects
- Experience of a modern MVC PHP framework e.g. Laravel, Symfony
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate a passion for the industry and new technology
- Show initiative, be able to share ideas and push the development team forward
- Solid understanding of object orientated design and best practices
- MySQL 5 including experience with database design, writing queries/procedures and optimisation
Why work with us?
Rippleffect/The Idox Agency is a full-service digital agency with 140 staff based in London, Liverpool and Glasgow.
We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional level of service to clients at every stage of a project, delivering enviable campaigns for brands in leisure & tourism, finance, food & drink and Premier League and Championship football clubs.
You’ll join an enthusiastic team at our Liverpool base, working from our new open-plan office in a busy, exciting environment,
We’re a social bunch, with beers every Friday afternoon; regular agency social events and our very own Bake Club and Running Club.
As well as car parking and easy rail and bus links close by, our office features stunning views of the waterfront and relaxed social breakout areas.
As a member of our team, you’ll benefit from:
- Flexible working hours
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- BUPA healthcare
- Childcare and Cycle vouchers
- Pension with auto-enrolment at 5%
- Sharesave - the opportunity to buy shares on a monthly basis via payroll
- Group Life Assurance - four times annual salary.
If this sounds good to you, send your CV and a brief explanation of why you'd like to join the team to [email protected].